Stops

Hello all,

I'd never really paid much attention to Stops, but in light of recent
discussion of them and money management, i tried an experiment.

I tested the T3 System in the AFL Library on the QQQ using LONGS
only, as that is the way i trade. Like Herman has stated, i also have
found the T3 system useful. The results of the system with different
Stops is below:

QQQ-Using T3 System in AFL Library
Longs Only; $10,000 invested; $10 Commission.
Time period = 4/1/99 thru 10/23/02

1)No Stop Total Equity = $13,589
2)Profit Target 10% Stop, Total Equity = $18,039
3)Trailing Stop 10%, Total Equity =$3,860
4)Maximum Loss Stop 10%, Total Equity =$6,045.

I found it interesting and may explore it further since it does seem
that with some securities Stops may improve performance.

Bill