Re: The next week(s)

Tom,
I do not search for any kind of "bottom", it does not make sense to
me. A nearly 3-year bearish market will not change at once,
consequently it is not a matter of a sudden bottom. The market is
falling for various reasons and I can not accept that the market has
time or price "targets".
My question was for the probable continuation of the recent uptrend.
The market in 5 days went from o/s to o/b. After the first peak shall
we have a continuation ? Can we see this continuation through some
T/A tools ? Is there any technical indication on Oct18 or Oct21 to
suggest a continuation [or the opposite]?
It is a very sensitive and difficult T/A topic, very few references
and not organised, but very tempty to solve it somehow.
If we have a serious and well documented reason for a continuation,
we do not go to premature sell and we enjoy sweet profits.
Some indicators show that the trend is still here, not interrupted.
Some other show that the first part is over. For this second group i
need some continuation [or not] criteria.
I hope the question is clear. As for the solution, I will be so happy
to find out something. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "office97" <palmharbor7@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris,
>
> I subscribe to John Murph's newsletter (Technical Analysis of the
> Financial Markets) and he thinks the bottom is in place for this
year!

> Regards
> Tom B
>

> Oct 15th,2002
> "UPSIDE TARGETS... Last week, we used Elliott Waves to pinpoint the
> apparent completion of a five-wave decline that started last
spring --
> which has led to the current rebound. In Elliott terms, after a
five-
> wave decline has been completed, prices will normally return to the
> top of the fourth wave. That means a potential move up to the
August