RE: [amibroker] Re: PositionSize Variable - Help - Inexplicable Results

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: PositionSize Variable - Help - Inexplicable Results
  • From: "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx>
  • Date: 21 Oct 2002 23:23:14 -0000
  • Nick: I do not use any statements attempting to define number of shares.

I set Initial Equity to 10000. I put in PositionSize = 10000, and signal an
even block of shares, and get the following kind of result.

You see Equity value increasing.

You see Position size staying near to 10,000, but variable because of the
even blocks of shares (to nearest 10).

These are the kinds of positions I would trade. Total equity in play at one
time is controlled outside of AB by how many positions I take
simultaneously.

But there is nothing wrong with PositionSize.

Ken