Re[2]: [amibroker] Optimizing for consistent performance

Hello Steve,

In my very humble opinion you should optimize for expectation - high
expectation will take care of the drawdowns and at the same time will
make the performance consistent.
Just make the optimization as you normally do it in the AA. Then
export the results to Excel. In the output columns you have enough
information to calculate the expectancy
(Avg.Win*PercentProfitable/Avg.Loss - PercentLosing)
and add it to a new column. Then use the 3D analyser to see plateaux
for expectancy.
Even better, you could take a look at the expectancy
figure, multiplied by the number of deals.

Regards,

Alexander Dimitrov