From: dtsokakis [mailto:TSOKAKIS@x...]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 8:06 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: The Market Direction

Hi Ken,
I already posted 3 complementary gifs from 3/2000 till now.
I do not study the 98/99 period.
There is no reason.
If, someday, we will have similar conditions and if I keep on
trading, may be.
But not now !!
The forest is full of bears, don t you see them ?
You may study this, or another period or another stockmarket.
For Athens SE it works fine the last 30 months and it is my day
consultant the last year. We were lucky enough to have the ability of
multiple securities calculations since
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/2865
For the recent period of my posting it is quite informative, I think.
The rest is up to you.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> Good morning, Dimitris:
>
> I have played with this and would like to ask you: The gif you
present is
> pretty much on target for the current time you show, but after I
scan and
> plot and scroll backwards over the NDX, I do not understand the
value of
> this construction. The yellow congestion line, established by the
> increments of the rs parameter, stays high, even during obvious
periods of
> bullishness that we all recognized--the 1998-1999 period leading up
> Mar,2000. (This with the NDX.)
>
> I also tried to do this with the RUT (admittedly not with all the
stocks and
> knowing that these change). The yellow congestive stayed right
along the
> top with the red and green hugging the bottom.
>
> So can you elaborate how you would interpret the yellow, red, green
lines
> back then in order to gain confidence in what they are "saying"
now. No
> offenxe, but having looked in the past I do not know how to use
this to any
> value.
> Thus my respectful questions to you.
>
> Thanks,