>From:
wingnut_1944

To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 12:17
PM
Subject: [amibroker] Having trouble with
concept of Exploration
The light hasn't come on for me yet in the Explore/Scan
buttons in the Analysis window.This is what I'd like to
do:I'm trying to find a workable subset of all of the symbols
available that would be a "best fit" for a formula that I've written in
AFL.I'd like to run this formula against the entire list of symbols
for a specific date range. Out of this I'd like to get a list of symbols
that have a projected annual profitability > 15%. From this subset
I'd like to create a watch list with which I can work on a more
detailed basis.I've been experimenting with the explorer using a
simple formula but the grid lists every trade for each symbol and is very
difficult to evaluate. Plus I can't figure out how to have a column that
has the running equity balance in it.Where did I miss the
boat?Thanks in advance for some pointers to get me back in the boat!
Some very simple code would be a big help. For instance: for those
symbols that have an average volume > 200,000 and closing price >
20.00 and when the Macd() is applied (long and short) that then annual
profit percent > 15% it should be added to the
list.Your
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.