Splitting headache

Don't know what I do wrong, but I was unable to get AB to recompute the
EPIQ split today. No matter what I entered in the dialog (2->3 was the
actual split formula), AB insisted on splitting the stock 2 for 1 only
-e.g. $36 price become $18 etc. I tried this several times without
saving the database, but accidentally saved it once, so lost the old
data. New downloads got the data post-split, so I did not fool with it
any more.

Is there a problem or what am I missing?

Geo