Re: database setup

Tom, I have not studied it that much, but for many companies, Yahoo
just places them in the same groupings as US similar US stocks. For
example, BCE is listed along with US companies in the "Fixed Line
communication" industry. I don't think you will be so fortunate to
find listings on Yahoo that separate Canadian stocks from US ones,
especially for those Canadian stocks that are cross listed on US
exchanges like BCE, TD, etc. One strange thing, I have noticed that
one can get radically different market data if one asks Yahoo to
research BCE and BCE.TO -- sometimes even the number of analysts
following the stock is different depending on the ticker, yet it is
the very same company!

If categorization is important to you, I would do my own just to be
confident in the result. Is it that difficult to export the
information from MetaStock?