Re: [amibroker] AB newbie question

Hello,

Please check out the files section for complete listings
of NYSE, Nasdaq, OTC stocks:

Workspaces:
These are just directories holding AMiBroker database.
The workspace directory contains broker.workspace file
and multiple ticker files stored in _ 'a' .. 'z' .. '0'..'9' folders.
This structure is needed to provide better performance
because Windows file systems slow down when there is more than 2000
files in single directory.

But if you need a completely separate workspaces you should
create A NEW DIRECTORY first for each workspace you want to have
and point AmiBroker to that directory using File->New workspace.

This will generate a blank database within folder choosen and you will
be able to add tickers to it.

Once workspaces are set up you can open another one using File->Open workspace,
and save the changes you made by File->Save Workspace.
You can also save the workspace to a new directory using File->Save Workspace As.

Please read also the following issues of the newsletter:
http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/07-2000.html
http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/04-2000.html

you will find there an explanation how to assign stocks to categories
automatically.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com