Re: Trailingstop & applystop

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,

> > all
> > > Yes, the "amount" of apply stop is sampled on entry and held
during
> > the trade.
> >
> > Hi, Tomasz,
> >
> > Is this "amount" a fixed price level throughout a trade?
>
> Yes it is for stop loss and profit target stops.
> For the trailing stop in "percentage" mode the dollar amount changes
> as price reaches new highs during the trade (this is explained
> in "Usage notes on new features" section of the User's guide).
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> ===============
> AmiBroker - the comprehensive share manager.
> http://www.amibroker.com

Hi, Tomasz,

Thanks for the answer, but I figure that the 'amount' is a value to
be substrated from the hightest high the trade has reached earlier.

Is there a way to calculate a fixed price level that stays the same
without changing at all.

For example, I had a trigger value to go long at 10 1/8 at the same
time I want to place a maximum loss stop of 8 7/8 and this level
stays the same throughout the trade, no changes regardless of other
target stops or trailing stops that might be used later.

Thanks.

Thomas