Re: [amibroker] Little help please

Nate,
Writeval won't work in the optimization results window, neither will
anything else but this,
Where ("X1",4,0,10,1); is broken down as this ( "X1" will be the column
title in the results window, 4 will be the variable currently used, 0
will be the starting number to use in the steps, 10 will be the ending
number to use in the steps, 1 will be the increment to step );

// X1=4; /* Normally if the following optimize line is in place, this
line doesn't have to be here. With just the optimize lines in place you can
run scan, explore, or backtest. But, this line is necessary if we want to
only run one optimization at a time */

X1=Optimize("X1",4,0,10,1); /* Change the 4 in this line to whatever the
results were in the optimization results window under the "X1" column. The
4 in this line works the same as X1=4 when running something other than
optimize.*/

Dbuy=17;
// Dbuy=Optimize("Dbuy",17,10,20,1);

Dsell =12;
// Dsell =Optimize ("Dsell",12,7,17,1);

You may want to start off with one optimization line at a time, or fewer
tickers, or less periods, because of the amount of time it takes to run.
Also, you can reduce the length of time by reducing the total amount of
steps, I.E. ("X1",4,0,10,1); to ("X1",4,3,8,1);
HTH,
Brian