Re: [amibroker] Re: rs indicator

Check your DJI data for 5/28/01.  For some reason, that day
was
missing in my database (TC2000 supplied the data), and any
comparison
using that date with DJI messed up the graphs.
I corrected this by inserting the following code:
RSDJ =
IIf(DateNum()==1010528,Ref(RSDJ,-1),RSDJ);//Corrects
my database missing 5/28/01
One day of incorrect data for your
formulas, but the data should be "ballpark" and not
overly effect the output.
Frank
At 06:43 PM 11/19/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Tomacz,
>
>I have had a "bug" with some data and I must increase the
startpoint
>to 50 to avoid this bug, I have tried to delete the begin of the

>data, but the only soliution was to increase the value of the
>startpoint.
>startpoint = 50;
>>
>> You can also take a look at "Relative Performance
charts"
>> described in the S&C traders tips in the member's area
at:

http://www.amibroker.com/login.html

>> Best regards,
>> Tomasz Janeczko
>> amibroker.com

security.

>>   What *IS* important is the RATE OF CHANGE of
RS.
>>   If Rate Of Change of relative strength is positive -
it means
>>   that given security outperforms the index.
>>
>>   So, it is actually better to plot ROC of RS
>>   Graph0 = ROC( RelStrength( "^DJI" ), 10
);

>>   (replace ^DJI by XAO or other index name);
>>
>>   - this will give you the percentage of how much your
security
>outperformed the index
>>   in the recent 10 bars.
>>
>>   Best regards,
>>   Tomasz Janeczko
>>   amibroker.com

PM
>>     Subject: [amibroker] rs indicator
>>

>>     hi TJ and others
>>
>>     could you please explain how the scale
works on the rs
>comparison
>>
>>     in the attachment there is the asx all
ordinary's index and a
>stock the has performed well,  when I look at the RS indicator I
find
>it hard to get a understanding of what the graph is saying
>>
>>     The stock has out performed the asx but
by how much ?  rs value
>0.668 ?
>>
>>     Thanks David