Re: [amibroker] US Market Quotes, Change Eminent?

I think the new Yahoo Mangement have already made it clear that many of
their previously free services are likely to become chargeable in the
future. Not surprising really as many of these internet companies have been
forced to revise their business models radically.

IMO at the end of the day we should expect to be paying for our data feed.
The good news is that the data feed service market is getting more and more
competitive with prices consequently being driven downwards. Data quality
and service reliablity are more important than out and out low price. Poor
data can cost endless wasted hours checking and correcting.
A quick tour of the various trading software forums will give you
valuable insight into the end user views of the various data feed suppliers.
With many providers you can try before you buy. In the past I have found it
interesting to compare the EOD data from different suppliers over the same
period - it's surprising how many differences there are!

>From the Amibroker RT point of view I think the essential facility required
is to have a flexible data feed interface which can be configured or user
programmed to the data feed of their choice. Built-in support for Quote.com
etc. is great for US users/markets but for other markets (e.g. I am in UK)
users will be using other RT data feeds.

John