From: leo.timmermans.lt@xxxx
[mailto:leo.timmermans.lt@x...]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 8:38 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Importing Quotes Plus Fundamental fields into
AMIBroker

Hello,

I'm currently trying to access QuotesPlus fundamental data through
VB6. I've seen some examples on the CD of QP. But when I try to make
my own program it doesn't work so I guess I've to include some
library or DLL from the CD. Is this correct and how do I proceed ??
How can I see which functions are available.

Many thanks
Leo

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Peter Gialames" <investor@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello Mohan,
>
> QRS is a function of Price NOT CompanyInfo so you would have:
>
> CInfo = AFL.CreateStaticObject("QuotesPlus.Price");
>
> This should work ...
>
> Peter Gialames

Quotes
> Plus database. Have you been able to get other data from quotes
plus? I
> tried to get QRS and EPS values with the following commands, but it
doesn't
> seem to work. I appreciate any help.
>
> thanks
>
> Mohan
> try
>
> {
>
> //Float = Number( CInfo.Float() )*1000000;
>
> QRS= Number( CInfo.QRS(0) ); //QRS= Number( CInfo.QRS ); -
Neither seems
> to work
>
> //EPS= Number( CInfo.EPS );
>
> }
>
> catch( e )
>
> {
>
> //AFL("Float") = 0;
>
> QRS = 0;
>
> }

charting ...
> I have
> > created an application that will create charts in Excel 2000
(I am
> not sure
> > if it will work in other versions).
> >
> > You can get the download at www.xlpnf.com. I did not create
a help
> file
> > because I was not sure if there would be enough interest. I
> created the
> > application for my own use and will be updating it frequently
(I
> hope).
> > Although the spreadsheet and application DLL are only 200k,
the
> download is
> > about 2.5 meg because of VB overhead.
> >
> > The install will create a new startup folder with xlpnf.xls
> spreadsheet in
> > it. This spreadsheet will call the DLL file to begin the
program.
> It
> > should be pretty self explanatory but if there are any
questions
> please
> > email me directly so not to congest this list (sorry for the
cross
> posting
> > by the way).
> >
> > To draw trendlines on the chart, just right click to get a
pop-up
> menu. A
> > couple of other shortcuts I should mention:
> >
> > CTRL-SHIFT-S will toggle the data sheets visible/hidden
> > CTRL-SHIFT-T will toggle the minor grid line visible/hidden
> > CTRL-SHIFT-C will toggle the comments visible/hidden
> >
> > You can get data using (currently) three data sources -
Quotes Plus,
> > AmiBroker and Yahoo. Quotes Plus is by far the fastest
interface.
> Yahoo is
> > dependent on your internet connection. AmiBroker is kind of
slow
> (there has
> > been mention of a better interface). But a faster call can
be made
> directly
> > from AFL:
> > //Create object from VB Project DLL
> >
> > xlpnf=CreateStaticObject("xlpnf.amibroker");
> >
> > q=xlpnf.ami2pnf(Name(),Day(),Month(),Year
(),High,Low,Close,V,16);

> > Everything up to Volume ('V') will remain the same. 16 is
months
> of data to
> > load. There are two optional parameters after months of
data -
> Boxsize
> > (default to traditional boxsize) and Reversal (default=3).

Service.

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.