Re: Point & Figure Charting

Since there have been some problems with Geocities and the download
of the Point & Figure application, Tomasz has been generous enough to
lend me some space. So if anyone has had any problems please
download the app here:

http://www.amibroker.net/~pgialames/

Peter Gialames

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Peter Gialames" <investor@xxxx> wrote:
> For those of you who are interested in Point & Figure charting ...
I have
> created an application that will create charts in Excel 2000 (I am
not sure
> if it will work in other versions).
>
> You can get the download at www.xlpnf.com. I did not create a help
file
> because I was not sure if there would be enough interest. I
created the
> application for my own use and will be updating it frequently (I
hope).
> Although the spreadsheet and application DLL are only 200k, the
download is
> about 2.5 meg because of VB overhead.
>
> The install will create a new startup folder with xlpnf.xls
spreadsheet in
> it. This spreadsheet will call the DLL file to begin the program.
It
> should be pretty self explanatory but if there are any questions
please
> email me directly so not to congest this list (sorry for the cross
posting
> by the way).
>
> To draw trendlines on the chart, just right click to get a pop-up
menu. A
> couple of other shortcuts I should mention:
>
> CTRL-SHIFT-S will toggle the data sheets visible/hidden
> CTRL-SHIFT-T will toggle the minor grid line visible/hidden
> CTRL-SHIFT-C will toggle the comments visible/hidden
>
> You can get data using (currently) three data sources - Quotes Plus,
> AmiBroker and Yahoo. Quotes Plus is by far the fastest interface.
Yahoo is
> dependent on your internet connection. AmiBroker is kind of slow
(there has
> been mention of a better interface). But a faster call can be made
directly
> from AFL:
> //Create object from VB Project DLL
>
> xlpnf=CreateStaticObject("xlpnf.amibroker");
>
> q=xlpnf.ami2pnf(Name(),Day(),Month(),Year(),High,Low,Close,V,16);
>
> Everything up to Volume ('V') will remain the same. 16 is months
of data to
> load. There are two optional parameters after months of data -
Boxsize