Re: AmiBroker Teaching?

Hal,

It is a very good idea. It's basically turning it into a trade
simulator that can train new traders. I really like to see this
feature to be implemented by Tomasz.

What I am doing now is to use inspection feature available in
metastock to manually insepct the results of exploration. It may
appear stupid but I can not emphasize enough on visual inspection of
the signals.

--- In amibroker@xxxx, Hal Brehe <infoads@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Tomasz,
>
> So much is going on in the list now days that it almost seems a
waste to
> add another thread. But Hey! that's never stopped me before, so why
be
> bashful now?
>
> The subject of back testing and the automation of trading signals
is all
> well and good, but the rubber really meets the road in the changing
of this
> information into buy/sell signals into market ORDERS!
>
> Many times there is a big distance between finding a "winning
combination"
> of indicators and changing them into orders for your broker. This e-
mail
> brings up the possibility of adding a full "training" program to
the
> enormous analysis capabilities of AmiBroker.
>
> My thought involves removing ones choice of a variety of time
increments
> from the right edge of the display windows. In other words I would
like to
> select the removal of one of several time periods, i.e., a week, a
month,
> three months and maybe 6 months of data. This data just disappears
from the
> right hand edge of the screen and is replaced with the data of the
day
> after the time period selected. The selected data can be replaced,
one day
> at a time, by using the Left-Right arrow keys. Each depression of
the
> selected Arrow key displays one additional day of data. (The other
Arrow
> Key could remove the last day of data) thus revealing of the
hidden future
> of the selected ticker. This provids the user the REAL MARKET
experience,
> one day at a time. Once ones mind starts thinking in this thread
then all
> sorts of things are seemingly possible, like utilizing the AB
portfolio to
> accumulate profit and losses, as the operator places his buy and
sell
> orders AS HIS INDICATORS give those signals. I know your
imagination will