Relative Strength

Tomasz,

Can you help please ?

I have written a simple scan to pick up all stocks
in out performing sectors follows -

indexStr =
RelStrength("XAO")/RelStrength("");

buy = indexStr > ref(indexStr,-1) AND
Ref(indexStr,-1) > ref(indexStr,-2);

For explanation

RelStrength("XAO") = stock's close / close of XAO
(XAO = Australian All Ordinaries ie equivalent to the ^DJI on
NYSE)

RelStrength("") = stock's close / close of stocks
sector index.

So indexStr = close of stocks sector index / close
of XAO;

Thus indexStr should be the relative strength of
the index sector compared the XAO.

This works for some stocks but not for others.
Where it does not work RelStrength("XAO") = RelStrength("") !!

This would appear to mean that Ami is not
recognising that some stocks are attached to a sector and is not picking upthe
correct base index for that sector. I've checked that I have all the stocksare
their correct sectors and that the base indexes are correctly set up.

I have stock ADR in Group 0 Sector Gold and Ami
calculates RelStrenght("") = RelStrength("XAO").
I have stock DGD in Group 1 Sector Gold and Ami
calculates RelStrength("") correctly.

I must have something incorrectly
configured.

Any ideas of what to check ?