Amibroker File Format

Hi guys,

First up, thanks for all the great stuff that you guys post on here.
It's really useful for a newbie like me to see how the experts do it!

Secondly, I'm wondering if anybody has specifications for the AmiBroker
file format. I'm hoping to write a few basic portfolio management
spreadsheets in Excel, and it would be really helpful if I could access
the AmiBroker database for current prices etc. Just eyeballing the files
in Notepad, it looks indecipherable! Could anybody fill me in on how to
use the data in another application? Or better yet, has anybody written
any Excel / VBA macros to interrogate the AmiBroker database?

Many thanks for any advice.

James.