Re: Profit Taking?

Hello!

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough. When you set up a buy condition in
AmiBroker, the buy price is set at the close price of the day. Same
thing applies for the sell price; it is set at the close price of the
day, for the day that the sell condition was found. I am fine with
buying at the end of the day, but I want to set a limit order the
next day (or whenever the condition for a sell is set). AmiBroker
will only let you sell at the end of the day. I want to sell
intraday, at a set price. If the high of the day is higher than the
set price I want, I want to sell at that set price, NOT at the close
price.
Yes, I do understand slippage, commission, unables, etc. I just need
to know if AmiBroker can be set up to sell at a price other than
open, high, low, or close.

BTW, 3% profit taking was a hypothtical. You are correct..with
slippage and commisions, returns would be less than 1%.

BTW, where did you get the 2% slippage figure? I have read about
slippage, but have never read about a figure to work with. I read it
had to do more with liquidity of the market. Just curious...

Regards,

Jared James
jjames@xxxx

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx, "David Holzgrefe" <dtholz@xxxx> wrote:
> jj amibroker would need live data feed to do that
> the problem you describe is called slippage you may need to
calculate it
> when you do your forecast
> eg xyz buy at 10,000 at 1.00 = $ 10,000
> brokage $60.00 both ways $ 60.00
> slippage 2% total on entry and exit $ 200.00
> cost of trade $10,260
> break even at 1.026
> profit target ?? 1.03
> return on trade .38 %
> profit $40.00
>
> Not that you would make the trade if 1.03 was your projected
profit point
> with 2% slippage ..
>
> Thats how I TRY to treat every trade..
> before the trade is made determine