RE: [amibroker] Culling database

On 01-Dec-00, Peter B. White wrote:

> Thanks for your thoughtful response.

You're welcome, Peter.

> the problem is that my
> historical database contained a large number of stock/warrants which no
> longer trade because of delisting etc. They were the ones which I wanted to
> select and then possible delete.

In the meantime, if you are impatient for a program to do it, you could very
quickly go through your whole database once, one by one, and eliminate all
files which would never be rebuilt by new data. With over 2500 ASX tickers, it
may be boring for about an hour or so, but it also would be quite effective
and you are in full control of what gets deleted. You may find other things of
interest with your database.

The year-end holidays are coming up and I found that is a good time to do an
annual check of all my databases. Do it while sober, though. <wink>

Then your only task may/would be to make sure that new short tickers never get
added to the database. This will depend upon how you enter your data and maybe
what format the data is in.

--

The World of AmiBroker Support