Re: [amibroker] Tryinjg to get started.

From: "Steven Taylor" <staylor@xxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 11:36
Subject: [amibroker] Tryinjg to get started.

> I've downloaded the evaluation copy of Amibroker 3.40. I'm trying to
> import some Australian Stocks but I must be doing something wrong, some
help
> would be appreciated.
>
> The text data files are formatted as follows:-
>
> HTA,001113,3.0,3.030,2.960,2.960,220619
> HTE,001113,0.110,0.130,0.110,0.120,1680265
> HTS,001113,1.330,1.340,1.320,1.320,542995
>
> format is : Ticker, date (yymmdd), open, high, low, close, volume.
>
> There is no first line to worry about, the text file is all raw data.
>
> I'm pulling my hair out trying to work it out, but nothings happening.
>
> From what I've seen so far it appears that this program is quite
functional
> and useful and would hate to discard it simply because I'm missing the
point
> on what is probably a basic feature.
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> Steven Taylor
> Melbourne, Australia.

Hello Steven

I've just picked up my email "on the way out" and wont be back till Thursday
evening - hopefully by then somebody else will have fully answered your
question, but my quick suggestion (I'm a new user too ) would be - File ->
Import form ascii then in the pop-up window choose Use omega format. That
is working for me - my data format is the same as yours except the date
field is yyyymmdd.

Have a look at "Importing Datafrom an ascii file" in the HelpManual at "Data
Management" If there is still a difficulty I'll fix it :-) on Thursday
night.

Stick with it - it's a very good program

Regards

Fred Browne