Re: [amibroker] New User question

Hello,

> First off my apologies if the answers to this are elsewhere such as
> here on in an FAQ. But I was just wondering if it is possible to get
> AmiBroker Win32 and Excel to talk to each other. Now my first
> assumption would be that since you can do a CreateObject then the
> answer would be yes. But just wanted to check.
Yes - AmiBroker has an OLE Automation interface and its objects are accessible
from any OLE-compatible application including Excel (VBA).
AmiBroker's User guide has a section on automation objects covering methods
and properties. Also the first issue of a AmiBroker Tips newsletter covers some
methods of accessing automation objects (http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/01-2000.html)

> Secondly I was wondering if there is a repository (or repositories)
> of scripts (both AFL and JS/VS scripts) around on the net. Perhaps it
> would be a good idea to have some more links like that in the links
> section and maybe we can get some collections going from all the
> users. My friend and I are working on some ideas for some further
> formulas but being that we just downloaded the system, you'll have to
> give us time but we'll surely share.

Please check out AmiBroker support section (http://www.amibroker.com/support.html) for JScript
examples and AmiBroker AFL library (http://www.amibroker.com/library.html) for AFL examples.

Also you can use may of Metastock formulas with a little change.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com