Re: [amibroker] Any problems with 3.4 beta?

Hi,

> Hi Tomasz,
> 1) I may have found an indirect problem that can arrise from the new
> directory structure. If one erroneously tries to load from an incorrect
> directory the directory can be restructured by 3.4 even though it came up
> with a warning message that it could not find a valid workspace in the
> directory !!!!!!
Are you sure? From my tests (and the source code) it is impossible.
When dialog saying:
"This directory does not contain valid AmiBroker database. Could not load any data. Please choose different location."
is displayed no directories are created and no files are moved.

The only thing that may happen is that AmiBroker can reorganize dir if it finds
broker.workspace file which is copied *by hand* to the directory that does not contain
valid database files.

> 2) It also seems that the irrelivant directory gets included in the
> directory list (under recently accessed files) . How can one purge this
> list ??
This is true, even if a directory contained no database it is included in the recent files list.
Currently only hand-modification of registry can erase this entry or opening 8 different new
databases - that will remove all entries.
This behaviour will be fixed.

By the way (to everyone): what is your observation: do you think that version 3.4 loads
database significantly faster? This is the case on my computer and two more that I use for testing
but I am very curious if you can see the difference. Real timings are welcome!!!
Or maybe you think that the gains are not worth the changes in database structure.
Note: especially interesting will be the results from large databases. I have all Nasdaq database
(~5000 stocks / 10 years history / partial loading switched ON) that loads within 15-18 seconds
on my K6-III@xxxx, Caviar UltraDMA66 20GB 2MB Cache. (It needed 45-55 seconds to load with
3.32 version)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko