Re: Profile URL'S

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <tjaneczk@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I would like to change the profile url for my Canadian stocks,
> > but the {t0}/{t} reads the ticker symbols as they are in the tree
Eg:
> > xxx.v for the cdnx or xxx.to for the tse, because thats the way
they
> > have to be imported from yahoo. The site(s) that i want to
> > use requires the Exchange letter TO. V. to be at the front of the
> > symbols. Is there a work around for this.
>
> Here is an excerpt from AmiBroker 3.3 user's guide (Environment-
>Profile View):
> "template URL can contain special fields which are substituted at
run time by values corresponding to the currently selected stock.
> The format of the special field is {x} where x is describes field
type. Currently there are three allowable field types: ticker {t},
> alias {a}, web id {i}. You can specify those fields anywhere within
the URL and AmiBroker will replace them with appropriate values
> entered in the Information window.
>
> You can also reference to single characters of ticker, alias or web
id. This is useful when given web site uses first characters of,
> for example, ticker to group the html files (Yahoo Finance site
does that), so you have files for tickers beginning with 'a' stored
> in subdirectory 'a'. To reference to single character of the field
use second format style {xn} where x is field type described
> above and n is zero-based index of the character. So {a0} will
evaluate to the first character of the alias string. To get first two
> characters of a ticker write simply {t0}{t1}.
>
> Note about web id field: this new field in Information window was
added to handle situations when web sites do not use ticker names
> for storing profile files. I found some sites that use their own
numbering system so they assign unique number to each stock.
> AmiBroker allows you to use this nonstandard coding for viewing
profiles. All you have to do is to enter correct IDs in Web ID field
> and use appropriate template URL with {i} keyword."
>
> So you can use webID field in the stock information window for that
purpose
> and use {i} field in the template. Or you can use alias field and
{a} in the template.
> This of course requires putting appropriate symbols to those fields
in stock information window.

> > Also i need help with writing formulas to find stocks that are
doing
> > certain things, eg: stocks that are close to their 50day ma but
> > haven't crossed yet etc. What type of research can i do to learn
the
> > basics for the AFL language.
>
> Well, it depends on what you call "close". For example you may
define it as 5% band around moving