A bug in Microsoft C runtime library causing AmiBroker/Win32 crash

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: A bug in Microsoft C runtime library causing AmiBroker/Win32 crash
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <tj@xxxx>
  • Date: 25 Sep 2000 12:05:56 -0000

Hello Everyone,

Just want to inform that Microsoft published article that describes
a bug in their runtime library (MSVCRT.DLL) that causes crash when using
repeated realloc() calls. Here is an URL to the article describing the bug:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q225/0/99.asp

AmiBroker uses realloc() heavily in automatic analysis module
and I found that it happens that this bug causes AmiBroker/Win32 crash.

In version 3.4 (in development) I implemented workaround this problem.
On the other hand Microsoft published their updated MSVCRT.DLL (6.00.8797.0)
that I am going to include in the next version.

If you are experiencing this kind of problem you can apply immediate
fix by downloading the newest version of MSVCRT.DLL (6.00.8797.0)
from http://amibroker.republika.pl/bin/msvcrt.dll and copying it
to Windows/System directory.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko