Re: [amibroker] Amiga version 3.30

Hello,

Thank you Donald for giving me the feedback on new AmiBroker 3.30 beta for Amiga.

> The new industry feature shows why the first (default) listing of any group
> (industry, sector, market) should be set to an "unset" name. Now all stocks
> are in the advertising industry.
You could be right, but I am not forcing anyone to use my scheme of sectors/industries.
You can rewrite broker.sectors and broker.industries files to define your own default scheme.
However once you have saved the workspace the categories (markets, groups, sectors
industries) are saved into broker.workspace file along with stock data. You can delete this
file if you want to use defaults (taken from broker.markets, broker.groups, broker.sectors and broker.industires) again.

> I didn't see an explanation as to why so many industries have the same number.
The numbers at front of industy names are "Sector IDs". Those numbers decide to
which sector given industry belongs to. Because several industries may belong to one
sector - you need to put the same number for sector Id.

> The Amiga tables also display the PC's "CR" in the sector & industry gadgets,
> etc.
OK. I happened by mistake. To fix it just launch simple text editor load broker.sectors and
broker.industries files and replace all "CR" with "" (empty string).

> Having seen what you have done with the sector and industry lists, I am still
> a bit at a loss as to how you intended the four lists to be used. If I am at a
> loss, maybe others here are, too.
I guess that I have to write some "How to" document then :-)

> The "Favourite" checkbox has been bumped over to the left.
> Are you still going to rearrange them?
I hope not :-)

> Double-clicking on a Review listing does not bring up a chart.
Yes, this is beta version not everything is working.

> When will ARexx get the new ASCII commands?
Full version should have some new ARexx commands.

> I don't think splits and its skip feature is working properly. The skip worked
> in very short jumps after the first skip and, then, when it found the split I
> wanted (a reverse split .11 => 1.66), AB wanted to do a 1-for-1 split.
Not all splits may be detected by AmiBroker. AmiBroker detects only days when price
changed more than +/-20%. If a stock is very volatile this may result in several wrong
split detections.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko