Re: [amibroker] RE: ASX Data

Hi,

> It would also be nice if AmiBroker could also make use of field 3, the
> actual company name (eg., TLS = Telstra Corporation.
OK. This will be included in 3.30.

> Is there currently any ability to import fundamental data like EPS and NAB
> in bulk? Can AmiBroker calculate and report daily PER and P/NAB from EPS and
> NAB?
AmiBroker takes slightly different approach to this problem.
You can not enter just EPS in AmiBroker. You have to enter quarterly Sales,
Earnings Before Taxes, Earnings After Taxes and number of stocks and
then AmiBroker calculates EPS and P/E figures.

I understand that sometimes you don't have those quarterly data and just
want to enter EPS and some other cumulative data.
I am thinking about the most flexible solution and in version 3.4
you will be able to enter EPS if you don't have more detailed data.

> Does AmiBroker allow the INSERTION of data? Eg., say I had a database
> starting from 1/1/00 to current. Could I later insert data from 1/1/99 to
> 31/12/99 without affecting original data?
Yes of course! AmiBroker always checks the quotation data and inserts
it at the correct position. Even with the new partial loading feature
it checks it and handles correctly.
Also if AmiBroker finds a quotation already existing in the database
it overwrites the data (even if you are using Quotations.Add() automation
command or ADDQUOTATION ARexx command) instead of doubling the records.
I just thought that these features are so obvious that I don't have to
mention them in the docs :-)
But... I might be wrong - so thank you for asking.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko