[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker future (was Teletext)

Hello,

> I have received the sample file you sent. I must say that it works just
> fine, and I also admit that I would have never thought of it before I
> had a chance to see yours. So thanks a lot. Further to this matter, I
> apoligilise for responding late, as there has been some problems with my
> server recently.
I am glad I could help you. (And I am happy that it works without problems,
since I could not test it in detail because I don't have your teletext card :-)))

> Now, I need some information on how to register the program using my
> credit card.
Please check
http://priv4.onet.pl/wro/amibroker/register.html
for the details on registration.

> By the way, I have read through your ‘to do list’ and I would like to
> comment on it. First of all, what I like most about your program is, its
> being compact, fast and straight to the point.
And it won't change in the future. Every feature in AmiBroker is and will
be coded with the performance in mind.
I don't know if you have ever worked on Amiga but classic Amigas
(equipped with Motorola MC680x0 processors) are much slower
than modern Pentium II/II- or K6/Athlons-based PCs.
Nevertheless AmiBroker on Amiga is still quite fast!
Efficient coding is the key.

>Second, I welcome all the
> additions that you’ve been considering associating into your program.
> But somehow, without any disregard to your fantastic work of course, I
> feel the need to say that you may not perhaps include too many
> indicators as outlined in ‘to do list’, as applying too many indicators
> may create some confusion on the part of the enduser about where to draw
> the line. Because, as you may be aware too, whilst some indicators
> giving ‘buy’ one other may give ‘sell’, such as the case with
> MetaStock! Imagine a scenerio within which some investors, as a result
> of using MetaStock’s far to too many indicators included?
>[...]
> My 10 years of experience in actively dealing at the stock exchange
> tells me that, you should, for example, include a DMI (Directional
> Movement Indicator, -DI,+DI,ADX,ADXR). I stress to you that, provided
> that the user is not a day-trader, no one, but absolutely no one, who
> uses this indicator, can lose out on stock exchange. I am a proven
> example of this, so I am very much convinced that it is so. Therefore,
> perhaps it may be better for you to move to target the kind of users,
> unlike the ones who already may be using MetaStock, who though may not
> be “top of the line professionals” but smaller and more enthusiastic
> traders, which would help make your program to stand out and shine
> amongst the others.
>[...]

Thank you for these thoughts. I don't want to include 500 new indicators :-)
only some most known.
AmiBroker was and will be targeted to small, individual investors.
That's why AmiBroker does not support real-time day trading for example.

The vision is to provide useful tools for individual investor so he/she
can take care efficiently of his/her investments.
Such investor does not have too much time everyday to spend watching
on stocks so computer-aided stock selection and alerts are important.

That's why I included AFL-based tools (Automatic analysis/Commentaries).
That's why AmiBroker features risk/yield map allowing quickly estimate
stock performance compared to the others.
Also built-in portfolio manager helps individual investor to track his/her investments.

So don't worry about AmiBroker becoming too huge or slow. It won't happen!

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko