[amibroker] Re: Revised Save features!

Hello Donald,

> Hello, Tomasz:
>
> As you know, I would like the Save process changed, but there is also an
> important feature which is currently missing. So, when you update AmiBroker's
> Save feature, the following changes are needed:
>
> - change the "Right-Amiga-S" combo to initiate a Save
> - add an incremental Save, which allows Saving only changed files

"Save only changed files" feature will be added in the next version (3.22).

> - keep the current Save, which forces a Save All Files, no matter what
> - add an Abort Save
> - add a Save As..., which allows Saving the current database in another
> location
Thank you for these proposals.

> The "Save As..." is a feature which I wish was available in the current
> version. A database is Loaded now which I am not allowed to Save because the
> OS or AmiBroker (or something else) doesn't recognise the disk as the same
> disk from which the database was originally Loaded. Because that disk had
> write errors, I formatted the partition. I thought I would be able to rename
> it and create a drawer for the database and have AmiBroker find it and Save
> properly. Foolish me! But if I had a Save As..., then I should be able to Save
> it wherever I wished, right? Save As... would also be useful for people who
> may have started a database on a floppy disk, but who have now added too much
> data to fit onto it.
>
> Is there anything that can be done to make AmiBroker Save this database now,
> or do I have to recreate it?

The "Save As" does not exist in current version but you can "emulate" this behaviour
by setting different default database path (menu "Preferences") and then saving
the database as usual.
This, however, will not create any new directory so you have to make a new drawer
by yourself (from CLI Shell or your favourite disk utility).

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko