[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker for Win32 scripting

On 17-Nov-99, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

> > On 16-Nov-99, François-Xavier D'Hollander wrote:
> >
> > > What is the purpose of Rebol/Command?

I see that REBOL now has a more full description of Command,
uploaded Nov/9, to quote:

"It enables access to corporate applications and platform specific libraries,
tools and commands."

In other words, Command will finally allow interaction with programs outside
REBOL's world. That's why a few of us are excited about REBOL for AmiBroker.

Although I have not done it personally, the Amiga version is supposed to be
able to do that now, using PIPE:s. REBOL-PIPE:Bridge-ARexx-AmiBroker anyone?

> Moreover, they say that only Win and Unix
> platforms will be supported by first Rebol/Command release.

Right, though that will be a beta version only; the first all-platforms
version is slated for Q1, 2000. Since they are pushing REBOL/Command initially
for e-commerce applications, the non-beta platforms (Amiga, among others)can
wait til then.

> I have no idea how they want to keep Rebol/Command 100% portable since
> cross-talk application communication is somewhat platform-dependent.
> ... soon we will see.

REBOL has done it right, so far.

BTW, earlier this year, I noticed that REBOL syntax is *very* LOGO-like (years
ago, I bought Amiga LOGO, by Carl S.), if anyone remembers that 1980's
programming language.

I guess he liked it. ;^)

--

The World of AmiBroker Support