[amibroker] Re: Changes - keyfile not honoured

Hello,

>Version 3.0 didn't honour my current keyfile and, as dicussed earlier, it
>was supposed to expire *after* 3.0. ;^(

OK Donald, I will send you a new one.

Notice to all: it is quite possible that during installation you will
see the notice about the old keyfile, but in most cases this is only
warning - AmiBroker will use your keyfile
and work correctly.
To check things out please run AmiBroker and see if your name appears in
splash window (showed during loading).
If so, everything is OK, but if you see "UNREGISTERED VERSION" text please
contact me and I will provide
you with a keyfile for free (applies ONLY to registered users of version 2.5
or above).

>Your install process is a bit different, now. ;^)

Yes it is. That's why it is recommended to use the installation script.

>Although I did find the AmiBroker.guide file, the manual install
instructions
>didn't mention where to find it. I seem to remember it was always at the
>AmiBroker binary level, so it took me a little while to find it.

>You should add install steps to handle which language files + docs and
>data files to install/not install.
Manual install instructions gives you information about the files
absolutelly required for AmiBroker to run.
Guide is not vital for AmiBroker - it can run without it.
But you are right - some more info will be nice.

>The Guru Commentary for MACD looks quite interesting, but it looks like it
>may be a while before more detailed ones are available for the other
>indicators.

Soon more commentaries will be available and I hope you will enjoy them.

>When do you plan on implementing short transactions?

Short transactions will be implemented in v3.1 or 3.2.

>The AFL mentions the PVI indicator, but no new indicators are in the chart
>menu list.

There are lots of functions in AFL which have no equivalents in chart menu
list.
This is because soon you will be able to see any chart of any function
(built-in or custom-made).
AmiBroker 3.0 still does not employ all the power and functionality of AFL.
But I decided to release it as it is because I didn't want to make you wait
more.
I have put lot of effort to implement AFL and localize AB and I wanted to
enable you to use it as soon as possible.

>The AFL introduction mentions custom indicators & plotting under functions
>[sqrt(close)], but where do we get to make & see plots (custom indicators)?
>I have a number of custom indicators to make, but I'd also like to see
them.

AmiBroker 3.1 is the thing which will allow that.

>Observation: the arrows marking where to trade seem to be placed at the
>point of, say, where the MACD crossovers are, as if the MACD plots were
>on the price graph. Do I understand this correctly?

Yes.
To be exact the green arrows (buy) are placed where formula assigned to buy
variable gives TRUE result, and
red arrows (sell) are placed where formula assigned to sell variable gives
TRUE result.
So if buy/sell formulas look like that:
buy = cross( macd(), 0 );
sell = cross( 0, macd() );
the green arrows will be placed on price graph on days when macd() crosses
above 0 line, and red arrows will show the dates
when macd() crosses below 0 line.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/amibroker