[amibroker] Re: Clarification

Hello Donald,

>Should not the label for the gadget for the number of shares be "Shares
>Issued",
>or better yet, "Shares Outstanding"?

Yes, the gadget shows Number of Shares Issued.

>Nominal value: do you mean book value?

No. Nominal value is not that important to ordinary stock-player. It is
given in prospectus and refers to the company's
capital. It is a value of stock capital divided by number of shares.

So, for example in Wall Street Journal from March 11,1998, there was an add
saying that 7000000 Shares of GPU, Inc.
are offered -Common Stock (par value ___$2.50____ per share) - Price
$39.5625 per Share.
So in this example Nominal value is given in brackets

>Book value: do you mean market capitalization? If so, could AmiBroker not
>calculate the Market Cap (# of shares * value)? Would Common Equity be
>a better (but harder to get) figure?

Book value is bookvalue. Nothing more. It is published (at least) once a
year after closing financial year.
It can not be calculated by AmiBroker. It is needed for calculation of P/BV
(Price to Book Value) ratio.

>Re: the Financial Data window
>
>Income: the manual just says "sales income". Not all financial reports
include
>"sales" figures, so I presume this is actually for Gross Income or
Revenues,
>and EAT is being used as Net Income?

Yes, not all financial reports include "sales income". It works only for
trading companies. Gross income
will work in most cases.
EBT are Earnings Before the Tax
EAT are Earnings After the Tax ( not an income! ) - it is needed to
calculate P/E (Price to Earnings ratio)

>The most sought after information is that related to earnings growth.
>Do you have anything planned for this?

Yes, I thought about it but in general I will not implement more
fundamental support into AmiBroker
in 3.0. I have so much to do now, without the fundamentals so it will wait
at least some months.

>Since Price/Book numbers mean little in a low inflationary market, it would
>be nice to have some more relevant numbers available for current
conditions,
>such as Price/Sales, debt ratios, even dividend records (5 years?).
You are right, but as I wrote, this must wait.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko