[amibroker] Clarification

  • To: AmiBroker Mail list <amibroker@xxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Clarification
  • From: Donald Dalley <ddalley@xxxx>
  • Date: 24 Nov 1998 06:20:55 -0000

Hello, Tomasz:

The manual is not clear about this, so I must ask.

Re: the Information about company window (Rt-A I)

Should not the label for the gadget for the number of shares be "Shares
Issued",
or better yet, "Shares Outstanding"?

According to your examples:

Nominal value: do you mean book value?

Book value: do you mean market capitalization? If so, could AmiBroker not
calculate the Market Cap (# of shares * value)? Would Common Equity be
a better (but harder to get) figure?

Re: the Financial Data window

Income: the manual just says "sales income". Not all financial reports include
"sales" figures, so I presume this is actually for Gross Income or Revenues,
and EAT is being used as Net Income?

============

A while ago you mentioned that you wanted feedback on ideas for
fundamentals. I didn't see anything mentioned here since, so I will now.

The most sought after information is that related to earnings growth.
Do you have anything planned for this?

Since Price/Book numbers mean little in a low inflationary market, it would
be nice to have some more relevant numbers available for current conditions,
such as Price/Sales, debt ratios, even dividend records (5 years?).

The World of AmiBroker Support
http://webhome.idirect.com/~ddalley
ddalley@xxxx