[amibroker] The World of amiBroker Support: Intro & Program Review

  • To: amibroker@xxxx
  • Subject: [amibroker] The World of amiBroker Support: Intro & Program Review
  • From: Donald Dalley <ddalley@xxxx>
  • Date: 28 Jun 1998 19:58:17 -0000

Hello, Everyone!

Tomasz knows me well, so I should introduce myself to all others.

My name is Donald Dalley, and I started using AmiBroker with ver$ 1.5 and
registered since 1.6. I have written a number of AmiBroker import programs
for the best stock data I can find free on the Internet. This all started
with my own country's data (Canada), plus the USA's, because AmiBroker
lost its supported free data source, StockMaster. (This, as I found out,
is fairly common with free data.) Other support programs help you do
maintainance on your data.

These have been well re-worked over the last year or so, so they are
very robust. They are getting smarter as I learn, too. Data sources have
been narrowed down to the most reliable ones, with the best quality data
(except Australia's - yeuck!).

These are very easy-to-use scripts. You collect the data, run the scripts,
Save the changed data & you're done! InstaQuote scripts even save a step.
*No manual entry of any data.* All sources can be used freely by anyone,
and most with any type of net connection - even via sneaker-net & e-mail,
although that is cumbersome. Data collection is the most time-consumming
part of this.

See free demo at: http://webhome.idirect.com/~ddalley

If you have questions about AmiBroker, I will answer you the best I can,
but I have not spent a lot of time with some important AmiBroker features,
so I can learn from you, too.

Enjoy,

Donald Dalley

The World of AmiBroker Support

New Script News!

A new MegaQuote script for the Philippines Stock Exchange is working just
fine, now. Short ASCII histories are available, but no script for them, as
yet. The PSE has about 300 stocks.

The new MegaQuote-PSE script brings the total DalleySuite to:

COMPLETE EXCHANGE EOD CHANGES (MegaQuote):
- Philippines (2 (all?) indices & Adv/Dec info),
- Australia (all indices soon, A/D from data not possible from source)
- all 5 Canadian exchanges (CDN is by single quotes, for now)
- complete or partial datasets - (all indices & Adv/Dec info)
Next will be Italy & other customer's wishes.
Complete US exchanges may have too much data for most Amigas - use
portfolios, for now.

UNLIMITED PORTFOLIOS (portfolio size):
- EOD US (80) - a real time-saver!
- intra-day & EOD Canadian (20 & soon 25)
Next, intra-day Philippines (unknown size limit - possibly none!)

UNLIMITED SINGLE QUOTES (includes intra-day US/Can InstaQuote):
- US & Canadian - Canadian single quote servers has a backup, of course
- other countries will get them, as time & quality sources permit.
Next, the Philippines or FREE Real-Time US quotes.

HISTORIES (years): suggested sites with histories get priority!
- US (best = 22+, and another ASCII = 1), Canadian (all = almost 1,
Vancouver > 1), Philippines (.25)
- US history script #2 (for the ASCII source) is next.
- MegaQuote-MegaQuote-Italy will build up to an unknown size.
MegaQuote scripts build your own histories for all stocks, if none
are available on the net.

SUPPORT SCRIPTS:
- Export Formats: StockMaster (everyone needs this!) & MetaStock ASCII
format for data transfers
- (various other scripts - see web page or demo for some)

MAIN TO DO? Get company name string import working, for most scripts. ;^)
- InstaQuote gui-browser versions (AWeb, of course - others may not be
possible yet)
- find appropriate fundamental info sites

DalleySuite WISHLIST:
- Japanese Candlestick pattern queries - this will be real fun!
- collect AmiBroker analysis language formulas - what's your's?
- ready to take requests for other exchanges, as I already have
for Australia and Italy.
- maintainance script - find dead symbols, etc. - we'll see

Please test the *free demo* before it gets uploaded to the Aminet. Some
features have been improved for the main program in the demo (it now uses
a file requester). Notice of the update will be made here and my page.

Send demo (or other) comments to: ddalley@xxxx
(my serial port just blew, so response may be a bit slower for a while)

GLOSSARY:

DalleySuite = a set of support programs to import all data, per country
(This could involve a number of different data formats, depending upon
just what is available, or usable: complete/partial exchanges, portfolios,
intra-day + InstaQuotes and/or EOD quotes, etc.)
quote = stock price info, mainly: symbol, open, high, low, close & volume
EOD = End-Of-Day, after market hours; intra-day = during market hours
MegaQuote = a script which imports a complete exchange's EOD dataset
InstaQuote = imports a single quote instantly from a terminal's screentext
Portfolio = a quote which has two or more quotes in it
report panel = final panel which displays useful info (such as A/D data)
histories = long sets of EOD data - get these before you ever invest!
candlesticks: price bars which show more info visually - use them!
unlimited = all available data of a similar format is imported
example: 8 portfolios or 47 quotes (demo does both at once!)

----
Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/amibroker/