[RT] Bradley Cowan, the other side

Here is the response from Brad Stewart of The SacredScience Institute
regarding Bradley Cowan's misleading self-claimed to fame statements.
By setting the records straight on this old 20th century issue, we are also
given a fascinating look into some of the areas taught by Dr. Baumring.

==============================
(Brad Stewart wrote...)
These comments of Brad Cowan's are quite intriguing
particularly considering that they are completely inaccurate.  Brad states
that I agreed that Baumring never mentioned or used PTVs, and I will clarify
that misrepresentation by sharing with you my EXACT comments on the
question, written in a 2 page letter to Brad Cowan and Greg Ruff and Pete
Pich upon their requests when Cowan was in dispute with Pete Pich over
exactly this issue, a dispute which he subsequently never pursued since he
was advised by his lawyers that he had no case.  This letter was sent to at
least 5 people who will all verify these facts:

"Dr. Baumring’s methodology was to present a holistic synthesis
interrelating a vast array of universal processes and natural laws leading
to an understanding and analysis of the laws of a natural phenomenon, such
as the multidimensional growth of a market.  In this context the calculation
of the hypotenuse of a right triangle using the 47th problem of Euclid is
one minor step of analysis of a much larger natural growth process.  In the
first pages of my notes taken in Dr. Baumring’s first seminars, we begin
with the presentation of a right triangle including the calculations of both
the angles and sides.  It is explained that the hypotenuse of the right
triangle is the basis of gnomonic growth, the foundation for all harmonic,
multidimensional growth both in the markets and in all of the organic world.
We then have demonstrations given of the relationship of the gnomon
(hypotenuse of a right triangle) to exact price relationships in the soybean
market.  It is then explained that the gnomon is directly related to
wavelength through the Law of Vibration, and that wavelength is the
foundation of time and time cycles.  So we have explained within my first
two pages of notes that the hypotenuse of the right triangle is the
foundation not only of all growth spirals, but is the definitive measuring
stick for all price and time functions and relations.

"Next we find an explanation of the transformation of rectilinear
coordinates to polar coordinates in order to account for the curvilinear
nature of time, relating the hypotenuse or gnomon to multidimensional
space-time.  Following this is the statement “The diagonal is only used to
determine gnomonic growth, what part of the growth phase.  Vertical = vector
radius of price.  Horizontal = vector radius of time.  Diagonal angles tell
you what stage of growth you are in.  Tangent of curves show support levels.
Gnomonic growth = harmonic composition.  Waves are directional force fields
(vectors).  Slope of vector is its vibratory rate.”  Following this is a
demonstration of how Pascal’s triangles (an increasing series of right angle
triangles) form a logarithmic spiral, with the hypotenuse defining the wraps
of the growth spiral.  The following page discusses Gann’s square of 52 and
shows a right triangle with the equation 3˛ +4˛ = 5˛.  Next, in a discussion
of how number set theory is defined by cyclical planetary relationships, Dr.
Baumring states, “ Must understand what set you are developing.  Must have
an axis of symmetry which can be a vectorial line.  Vector- stay on this
vector for an accelerated point of time and you will reach destination.
That which is below the line is that which is above the line.  45 degree
from high and low price must be squared out points.  Make triangles to
determine size of hexagon.”

"The last two paragraphs of sample teachings extracted from my scanty first
25 pages of notes taken in August and September of 1986 at the Gann I, II,
and III seminars, repeats of two of the same seminars attended by Brad
Cowan, I think clearly demonstrate that the use of the right triangle and
particularly the value of the hypotenuse in the calculation of
multidimensional price-time vectors was in no way a concept unfamiliar to
Dr. Baumring, and was even fundamental to his most primary teachings as well
as to the foundational universal principles of growth and order upon which
all natural phenomena are based.  Beyond this, I think it is apparent that
Dr. Baumring intended that the use of these principles lead to a definition
of a multidimensional market growth spiral, with these gnomonic growth
vectors being the fundamental determinants in the harmonic growth structure
of the market spiral.  Considering that in Market Science Volume II, Brad
Cowan shows that the culmination of PTV research is the determination of
just such a harmonic growth spiral as defined by Dr. Baumring, it seems
evident that the fundamental mathematical principles necessary for the
determination of such a spiral must be understood and used by anyone
deriving such a result, since they are the mathematical laws which determine
that result, as well as all geometric structure within the three-dimensional
world.

"I am also able to state that in my studies as a private student of Dr.
Baumring’s I did calculate price-time vectors, however not using the
algebraic method presented by Brad Cowan, rather by squaring my charts as
taught by Gann and taking geometric measurements using a radius gauge which
were then calculated using ratios and proportions. "

Needless to say, Brad's summary of my opinion is far from accurate, and I
would question the comments he makes about Greg as well and encourage anyone
to ask Greg directly of his opinion and comments on Cowan's work.  The issue
of his taking credit for other's work has been an issue with every Baumring
student who has ever seen Cowan's work from the first time it was released.
Cowan states that his work is primarily PTVs and Planetary Cycles and that
Baumring never spoke of either.  This is utter nonsense of the most demented
kind, the above excerpts show Baumring's ideas on PTVs from only the first
25 of 500 pages of my notes, and I will assure everyone that Baumring spoke
in much greater detail about Planetary Cycles that he did about PTVs.  If
Cowan doesn't remember any of that discussion, I wonder about his attention
at the seminars, because it was one of the primary studies at the Investment
Centre, which will be confirmed by any IC student, old or new.  Beginning
with the suggested reading list in his first book which was conceptually
taken exactly from Gann 1, almost every topic ever discussed by Cowan was
previously taught in great detail by Baumring.

Cowan's claims of learning nothing in the seminars are amusing at best.
Most people do not realize that Brad Cowan was expelled from the Seminar
series by Dr. Baumring, and not allowed to return for any further education.
I think that Cowan's neglect of giving credit to Baumring for his work and
insights is due to a grudge that he holds as a result of his being expelled.
If there was so little content in Baumring's seminars, I wonder why he
returned to attend 6 of them over a period of 2 years, at great expense,
since Baumring only allowed private students to attend seminars for free.  I
will also mention that I have letters from Cowan praising the depth of
Baumring's work, and asking to be allowed to write a commentary and further
elaboration on notes taken from Baumring's teachings, something which was
not allowed.

Finally, for those who have trouble believing that Cowan would knowingly
plagiarize material from other sources, and who may not have access to the
Baumring material to confirm the falsity of his claims, we refer you to
Appendix E of Market Science Volume 2, called Correlation Between Dimensions
of Ancient Temples and The Vectorial Expansion of the Soybean Market, p
129-134.  The calculations and diagrams in this section are taken directly
from a book called "Our Ancestors Came From Outer Space" by Maurice
Chatelain, a book written in the late 60's and currently under protection by
Federal Copyright Law.  There is absolutely no reference to the source of
this material, no footnote, and no bibliographical reference of any kind.
Anyone who looks at this book will easily verify that this material is taken
directly from that source without reference, an oversight which most modern
Universities would consider possible grounds for expulsion.  I give this as
a further example of a consistent behavior pattern evidenced in Cowan's work
from the first pages of his first book.  Anyone should be able to verify
this for himself, and clarify the validity of Cowan's statements, and the
originality of his material.

Anyone with further questions, may feel free to contact me with them at
institute@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brad