[RT] Re: daytrading - level II distractions / NYSE vs NASD

  • To: "<realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [RT] Re: daytrading - level II distractions / NYSE vs NASD
  • From: "Neal Chabot" <sire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:06:20 -0800

Ketayun writes:

> All that you say is true. My experience is that I can cope better with
> the NYSE disadvantages  than Nasdaq, and quite like trading on AMEX.

I am also one of that rare breed that trades mostly NYSE stocks.
Another advantage that was not listed in Linda's excellent summary is that
the "Size" posted in some NYSE stocks can be a valuable clue to knowing
how those stocks are trading.

I would like to ask Ketayun two questions:

1) By "direct access" do you mean a DOT machine?

2) What is it about AMEX stocks that you like?

Neal