Re: TradeStation Securities *Security*

From: "Russ Furse" <rfurse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> IOW, does using two *networked* computers for
> the above and a firewall still leave me open to
> security breaches within my trading account and
> system code?

Yes. ANY link to the internet will alway's make
that there can happen something. Only not being
connected to the internet will help that. There are
tools to disable firewalls etc. etc. etc.

>  If so, what is the best method to
> minimize those problems and still trade online?

Make sure you do nothing else on that internet
connection will make it a lot safer. Trojans (used
to get passwords etc) can most of the time only
come into your computer if you run some program
or anything. So if you don't use e-mail or web browsing
on those PC's, you are a lot safer.

So if you only use those 2 computers for TS and
IB and do nothing else, that will be your best
option. That will mean that you need a third pc
for e-mail etc. And... there we go again... it's
less save that way. So to be realy save you
need a second internet connection, 1 isolated
for the 2 trading computers and 1 for your
"playing around" computer wich is in no way
connected to the other 2.

My suggestion, don't worry to much about people
stealing your online account stuf. There are millions
of people on the internet so your biggest treath is
someone that realy wants to get YOUR account
number and stuf like that. If someone realy wants
it, they will ALWAY'S get it. Because there are
alway's way's to come in.

Since most hackers and crackers etc. don't even
know you excist, don't worry about it to much.
Just take care of decent security and you are
save enough.

Greetings

Henry