AW: Replacement for 2000i" VK's Software

Vince.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Vince Heiker [mailto:tachyonv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 17. November 2002 22:43
An: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: VK
Betreff: RE: Replacement for 2000i" VK's Software

VK, I did not try your software because when I looked at your
specifications
18-20 months ago, your software fell into my "not worth evaluating"
bucket.
I have not looked at your software's specifications in over 18 months.
Am
too busy with other things to take the time now.

[VK>>]
No problem at all. If you noticed, I was not talking about WLD2, just in
general.

You'll note that I did not mention about 70 other software packages
either.

[VK>>]
Wow, we were not even in the other 70.  :(

My posting rather obviously is only a summary reply to the questions of
others.  The packages I did mention are the best real time charting,
studies, order execution and/or scanning packages; and/or had some
unique
functions, such as Ensign, that might appeal to some forum members. Best
=
in function points.  Best = also generally in trader market share. E.g.,
RealTick has about 20,000 real time trading customers.

[VK>>]
Vince, I understand you put a lot of work in your research. We are
frequently asked about the pros and cons of our software. My honest
opinion is if there would be an objective possibility to compare various
software we would be selling even more then we do now.

I would really appreciate if somebody would make up a page where various
software vendors could cross in their functions. Preferable I would like
to see on the web where various vendors could update their functions as
they add them. Or even add functions that might be unique for their
software. This page could be then the base for anyone who would like to
buy a software.

What do you think?

Again, I did not mean to be personal or trying to say your comments were
right or wrong. I also apologize if that was your impression.

It is always very difficult to have an opinion and to voice it out but
also trying not to hurt other peoples feeling. I lived long enough in
Asia and have adopted their respect to other people feelings (at least
where I lived).

Is that ok with you?

Volker Knapp

Vince Heiker