Re: FW: Omega-List email format

Hello Vince,

VH> FYI, I've tested over 80 trading software packages over the past two years.
VH> I like RealTick the best but cannot abide its arrogance, cannot trade with
VH> its unreliable, undependable,.slow peak period data feeds, and its high
VH> commissions and costs.

Realtick and it's datafeed comes from Townsend Analytics.  Realtick is
the platform used by several brokers.  I'm not sure where this
arrogance is coming from, but my experience with Townsend
support is quite the opposite.  Which broker do you use?

Also, I think Realtick is one of the most, if not the most, well
developed piece of software on the market. Sure there are better
charting software, and Realtick does not have all the backtesting stuff and you
can't develop your own indicators.

While commissions depend
on which broker you use, the monthly charge for Realtick is
relatively high ($250-300) per month.  Also, depending on your broker,
this can be waived depending on your trading volume.

As for data feed reliability, this may have more to do with the
internet, and the series of internet routers that process a lot of
Townsend data, and are unable to handle
the split-second spikes in market activity, so they "clip".  I know people with T1
lines who do not have any problems.