Re: OT: extending distance between monitors and computers

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: extending distance between monitors and computers
  • From: countachl <countachl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:49:25 -0700

> Subject: OT: extending distance between monitors and computers
> Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 08:50:32 -0700
> From: _Craig <craigbud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> I'm contemplating a tradestation that has its computers in another
> room.  But this requires a 35' distance between the computers and
> monitors/keyboards.  What's out there that extends the inherent
> monitor/keyboard cable length limitations?
>
> Thanks
>
> -c

You can get extenders from Cybex and Raritan.  These use CAT-5 cable and can run
100 feet and more.  They handle the video, key, mouse and sometimes audio.

Also, as Pierre mentioned, you can use hi-quality video cables, and either long
mouse
cables or wireless mouse/keyboard (RF type) such as available from www.Gyration.com.

(I see they have a new wireless mouse.  I have the older Gyromouse, which has a
range
of 100 feet.)

The video cables can be got from www.bb-elec.com. They have some very thin cables
that can be 100 feet long.  Raritan also has long cables.

Donc