Re: Real Money Equity Graph?

Hello,

Since the equity graph can contain 20 trades or 2000 trades it
becomes a problem of representing the peaks and troughs of the
equity chart.

I have written a function (for a stand alone app or for a Dll called by
tradeStation) that will go thu the data and find these highs and lows
and creat a file of  no more than 40 pts (which research shows can
adequetly represent any equity curve).

These points are saved as an excel file and can then easily be
plotted on a chart in excel.

the beauty of this is that the next question you will have is, how do
i calculate the maximum drawdown? easy once you have all the
equity peaks and troughs :)

If you would like to see an jpg of an example, pls contact me
privatly

> CS> Hi Folks,
>
> CS> Is there an easy way to create the equity graph for my actual, real-money
> CS> trading?
>
> CS> I know you can copy the account manager trade history into excel, but, I'm
> CS> having a heck of a time getting excel to create a proper equity graph.
>
> CS> Has anyone else already solved this problem?
>
> CS> Thanks,
>
> CS> Chris
> CS> Chris@xxxxxxxx

Regards