Re: Vix Findings

O-list:

Thanks to all who kindly offered VIX data.

I have been working on confirming the claims of Larry Connors on his CVR indicators.  (www.tradingmarkets.com)

My findings ?

Although I'm not quite finished, so far I find that his CVR 's performed well during some periods in the past, but most are unreliable now when standing alone -- especially in 2002 (the equity curves are a joke).  The only one CVR that looks workable is CVR III, which has like a 70% accuracy rate. The problem with CVR's is they are not precise in identifying when the reversal will occur -- you have a window of like 2 days.

I'm still needing to confirm what rates of accuracy occur when multiple CVR signals issue for a particular daily close.

Davis