RE: Single Stock Futures

  • To: "Ron Augustine" <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Single Stock Futures
  • From: "Perry Dahm" <hpdahm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:40:16 -0700

Ron,

There are a total of 4 exchanges slated to trade these contracts.  They are:
OneChicago (OneChicago.com), Nasdaq Liffe Markets (NQLX.com), Island Futures
Exchange and the American Stock Exchange.

OneChicago and Nasdaq Liffe Markets are slated to open trading around the
first week of October, the Amex will start the first quarter of 2003 and
Island has not yet announced an opening date for their new futures exchange.
These will be completely electronic except for the AMEX, which will trade
them as zero premium options in their option pit.

There is a ton of information on both of the sites above including the
preliminary lists of contracts to be listed.  OneChicago will also list
Narrow-Based Indices.  These will be sector indices with 9 or fewer stocks
in each.

Yes they will have a symbol and be listed just like the underlying stocks,
ETF's etc.  I do not yet have the symbols for the Single Stock Futures
Contracts, however here are the symbols for the Narrow-Based Indices:

XAIR2C	Airlines
XBIO2C	Biotech
XBNK2C	Banks
XCMP2C	Computers
XDEF2C	Defense
XDRG2C	Drugs
XGLD2C	Gold
XINV2C	Investment Banks
XNET2C	Networking
XOIL2C	Oil Services
XRET2C	Retail
XRXX2C	Pharmacies
XSEM2C	Semi - Components
XSFT2C	Software
XSMC2C	Semi - Circuits

You will need to ask your broker if they intend to market these knew
contracts, not all brokers are going to carry them from day one.  There will
be a new disclosure statement your broker will be required to give you
before you can trade in them, otherwise you are pretty much ready to go.

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions.

Regards,

Perry

Futures on Stocks Central
H. Perry Dahm, CPA, CTA