RE: off topic - win 2k questions

<-- you wrote -->

1.    Somehow I screwed up my network of two win 2k boxes... box 1 works
fine...but box 2 will not access box 1...get error message saying "box1 is
not accessible. The network path was not found."  No new hardware, etc. Any
ideas?

2.    I have the computers set up to start up without manual password entry.
Which works fine...except that I forgot the password and now want to add
another box to the network. Isn't there a place in the registry where I can
find the auto-logon administrator password? Seems like I remember something
like that.

Thanks a bunch,
Chris
<-- snip -->

Seems like you have more than one problem. I'll assume you can ping all PCs,
from each PC. Given you have your shares set to the same workgroup, assuming
that you're not using a domain controller, you should at least receive a
password challenge. Check these steps.

Oh! A lost password. Would you like a lend of a password changer for Win2K.
You'll need it as that's the quickest way to recover from this problem.

Colin West