Re: Geometric Capital Growth / Optimal-f

John,

>I used an excel monte carlo simulator released by Alex

One thing you forgot to mention is that the source code had to be
tweaked a bit for you to perform this experiment.  I'm pleased that it
worked out.

>...you are always better to reduce absolute bet size as
>equity is reduced (hold % constant).

I actually expected this to be the case.  Not reducing your bet size
until your drawdown hits a certain threshold of pain is sort of
like a Martingdale betsizing strategy (keeping betsize constant as
equity decreases, i.e. betting a large proportion of your equity as
betsize decreases), whereas the original fixed fraction strategy is
anti-Martingdale.  Martingdale techniques usually result in disaster.

Interesting work.  Thanks for posting it.

-Alex