Re: Grub Stake Markets

Jerry,

You'll have an interesting challenge with only $3000 but if
you're going to do it you need to look for markets that have
both low volatility and high liquidity.  You need high
liquidity or slippage will eat up your capital --- so skip
oats and rough rice for a start.  I suspect that you should
also skip most of the "mini markets" for liquidity reasons.

For low volatility try C, ED, SB and maybe CC.  Below is a
table giving symbol, average daily true range, 10 day range
(from memory) for a range of contracts worth considering.

ES 1.2 4.1 US .85 2.4 TY .6 1.7 ED .2 .7 S .42 1.4 SM .32 1
CU 1.1 3.4 CD .3 1.1 BP .65 2.3 RR .25 1 C .2 .7 GC .3 1.1
HG .29 1 KC .64 2.1 O .21 .78 SF 0.7 2.4
CC .32 1.1 CT .53 2 SB .23 .84 LC .34 1.2
BO .2 .7 W .28 .9 CL 1 2.5 HO 1 2.3 HU 1.1 3.3 JY .6 3

For liquidity you need to stay in the high volume contracts.
Heres a list I derived from my CSI data a while back.  Stay
towards the to end!

ED2 115748
US  127881
TY  113148