Re: Correlation Math Help

Hello Ross,

Coefficient r is the Pearson Product Moment Correlation coefficient.
Linear regression is the equation for the line of best fit between the
two variables.  The way I think of it correlation coefficient
(squared actually) tells you the amount of variance predicted in variable a by variable b.

If you know r you can establish the regression equation.  The larger
the absolute value of r, the less the variation around that line of
best fit.

That said, I have no idea how one establishes the correlation between
systems.

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx