Re: ...for programmers

Here's a stab at it...

Vars: positiveTrade(FALSE), firstTradeDone(FALSE);

if date>date[1] then begin
  positiveTrade = FALSE;
  firstTradeDone = FALSE;
end;

if positiveTrade = FALSE then begin
  {put trades here}
  if firstTradeDone = FALSE then begin
    if {first trade positive} then positiveTrade = TRUE;
    firstTradeDone = TRUE;
  end;
end;

Let me know what you finally come up with.  I'll be interested to see what
it looks like.  You could reduce this to just one variable if you used an
integer with three setting:  0 for not checked today yet,  -1 for checked
and first trade not positive, or 1 for checked and first trade positive.

Regards,
Aaron Schindler
Schindler Trading
www.schindlertrading.com