Re: TradeStation's Name Change

Volker and Michael,

Don't sell us short, Volker. I've been using Omega products starting with
Super Charts 2, helped beta SC3, and moved up to realtime shortly before
TS4 made its debut. It was a disaster that took 27 Service Packs to finish.
It turned out to be an excellent trading platform and I made substantial
investments in time and money to learn and implement Easy Language. It had
limitations which made TS2Ki the must do upgrade, but it had features and
elegance that TS2Ki never achieved. I've watched over the years as Omega's
genius and promise changed into disappointment and outright deceit.

It's not losing traders who complain, most of them have already left. It's
people who notice that the Quote Monitor prices aren't the same as the
prices on the chart. It's people who depend on TS2Ki for daily trading who
notice charting slows to a creepy, crawl in a fast market. It's people who
don't appreciate duplicate toolbars appearing while they trade. But check
out the archives at http://purebytes.com/archives/, the problems are all
discussed there for the permanent record. That's where you can start your
research, Michael.

Omega made many promises to the Omega List community about finishing TS2Ki
so that it would be at least as stable a platform as TS4 was. Many of those
promises were made by list members who acted as Omega agent provocateurs.
One was asked here, "When is SP6 expected to be released?" to which he
responded on June 4, 2001, "I do not know. What I know for sure is that it
will be released..." A few weeks later, Omega announced that TS2Ki was
being abandoned. They had more important issues to deal with than long time
users. They apologized for any inconvenience.

You are correct, TS2Ki is not all bad, I use it every day, you just have to
compensate for its many "limitations." The really troubling issue is the
way Omega thumbed its nose at its long time clients. By trying to force
users to upgrade to TS6, Omega lost those of us who have come to trust the
reliability of satellite data feeds over the unreliable internet feed TS6
is stuck with. Also, those who were happy with their current broker, or
just didn't trust Omega enough to switch after all their broken promises,
didn't want to switch either. Omega's only response was to stick us with an
unfinished charting program. Like I said, it took them until SP27 to finish
TS4 and they only made it to SP5 with TS2Ki.