Re: Anyone had successfully create a good trading system using MarkJurik's Indicators?

  • To: rfurse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Anyone had successfully create a good trading system using MarkJurik's Indicators?
  • From: DH <catapult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:58:30 -0700

Replying publicly as I've been getting a lot of questions about Mark
Jurik's indicators.....

I like the idea behind Mark's indicators but I don't use them. I prefer
to write my own stuff as I have an aversion to black boxes. The general
idea is they have less lag for a given amount of smoothing than the
stock stuff included with TS. It looks to me like they are all based on
his moving average and he replaces the averages in ADX, RSI, etc., to
get the others. So, if you like ADX, RSI, etc., Jurik's versions may (or
may not) be better for your purposes.

But this is all guesswork on my part. Like I said, I don't use Mark's
indicators. I have no problem recommending them as long as people have a
need for them. They appear to work as advertised but there is nothing
magic about them. They are just improved versions of standard TS
functions. If you can't write a good system with the standard functions,
you probably won't be able to write one with the improved functions.

--
  Dennis